egg yolk 400g, dextrose monohydrate 40g, salt 8g, sorbitol 80g, orange juice 140g, milk powder 20g, high ratio flour 400g, baking powder 8g, cooking oil 200g, orange emulco(optional) 1g, orange oil 8g( In batter )
egg white 800g, cream of tartar 2g and sugar 480g( In maringue, S.G.=0.2 )
- Mix egg yolk, dextrose and salt with a hand whisk until smooth.
- Add sorbitol followed by orange juice.
- Sieve milk powder and flour together and blend in followed by cooking oil.
- Whisk egg white and cream of tartar on high speed for half minutes in an oil free mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and continue to whisk for two minutes on high speed.
- Reduce to medium speed for two minutes until a medium peak consistency.
- Transfer meringue into the batter in several stages and mix evenly with a spatula.
- Scale 630g batter into each chiffon moulds.
- Bake at 180 degree celcius for fifty-five munutes.
- Specific gravity (S.G.) of batter should be approximately 0.35 to 0.40
Orange Chiffon Cake